In order to make the verification of employment (VOE) process flow smoothly, the Pawtucket School Department has the following practices and procedures.
1. Correct Recipient:
- All verifications of employment that do not involve wages go to Human Resources. The contact is Terri Pereira (401-305-7633).
- All verifications of employment that do involve wages goes to the Payroll Office. The contacts are:
-- Jason Desrosiers for teachers and administrators (401-729-6343)
-- Debra Findlay for Teacher-Assistants, Clerks, Custodians, Maintenance Workers and similar positions (401-729-6342).
- All audits of verifications go to Cindy Antypas, Payroll Supervisor (401-729-6324).
- All contacts share the same fax number: 401-729-9247. Failure to address the correct recipient will cause delays.
2. All verifications requesting wages or personally identifiable information (PII) must be in writing and accompanied by written permission from the employee to release such information.
3. Please do not contact us before three business days have passed regarding a pending verification of employment, other than government agencies, verifications of employment are worked on between pay cycles. We are not bound to complete verifications of employment for private companies and lenders, we do so as a courtesy to our employees, but our first obligation is that all district staff are paid.
4. For teachers, paid across 21 pay periods from September through June, the contractual yearly salary is used for the 'Current Gross Pay' however Gross Earnings will reflect calendar/tax years. This decision was made to accommodate many lenders needing the wages to match the annual W-2 form. If you wish to have us use the contract period or another period instead, please state so on your directions.